Skills Development with the DTA
The DTA offer a range of Skills Development Services, including:
- Workplace Skills Plans (WSP) and Annual
Training Report (ATR) submissions
- Training committee capacitation
- Aligning Skills Development to BBBEE targets and ensuring maximum benefits to the organisation.
- Accessing and applying for Discretionary Grants
- Developing and managing all training – including material development and facilitation, ensuring all learning and development in the organisation is planned, organised, and meets the organisation’s needs.
How can the DTA assist businesses in terms of Skills Development?
Our DTA consultants have accumulated years of experience in the field of Learning and Development and
can assist clients with:
- Developing a Skills plan
- Organising and minuting Training Committee meetings as per the submission requirements
- Managing additional training providers to ensure quality, accredited training is sourced.
- Submission of Workplace Skills Plans (WSP) and Annual Training Reports (ATR’s) to the SETA
- Ensuring there is a link between planned training and Employment Equity goals as well as working with the BBBEE parameters to ensure the best possible SD score in BBBEE for the lowest cost.
All training interventions are considered partnerships – the DTA will customise and partner with our clients to ensure that the programme is fit for purpose whilst remaining learner-centric.
Lynette's 18 years of real-world experience has largely been spent in the trenches of people development and talent management
Her unique combination of experience in the fields of HR Management and Training & Development combined with her expertise in psychometry and group dynamics means that team development is a core passion that drives this HR Professional's endeavours and interests.
Kirsten completed studies in teaching English abroad and a facilitators course. This is where she knew she wanted to expand her knowledge and experiences within the education and training sector.
She completed two learnerships with the DTA and obtained her Generic Management NQF 3 certification with the Services SETA, as well as her Business Administration Accreditation to facilitate. She believes that the purpose of life is not only to be happy, but to be compassionate and make a difference in someone’s life.
Gillian is an experienced facilitator and coach who has worked in, amongst others, the automotive, hospitality, and education sectors.
She is passionate about changing people's experiences of learning and her work across broad sectors has created agility in her interactions with connections and ignite change in individuals and organisations.
Lee-Anne is the General Manager of the Drake Training Academy. Having worked in Education for over 20 years managing interventions for multinational organisations, she is well placed to provide the support and expertise to a team of dedicated staff at the DTA.
Her work covers a vast array of diverse clients within various sectors and thus provides her with the opportunity to understand the nuances in each sector when it comes to her specialist area - namely Learning and Development. Lee-Anne is also an appointed Skills Development Facilitator for 5 companies in Gqeberha.
Dave is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa with extensive practical experience in virtually every area of labour law and related subject matters.
As a senior facilitator, most of his experience has been delivered at a post graduate level at institutions such as Rhodes Business School and Wits Business School. Dave has shared his practical experiences with delegates across the length and breadth of South Africa as a facilitator.
Training and development saw Roger expanding on pedagogics and integrating these into a wider world of education and training. Being challenged with increasingly new insights and fields of training, led to his own development, which also saw him engaging in various tertiary and post-graduate studies to remain informed within the field of organisational as well as personal development.
The passion he has for developing people has made his foray into the world of varied, rich and meaningful learning experiences the drive to fulfilling his purpose: the development of others.